Make a Payment

Link to our Online Payment proceessing site

Income Expenditure

Complete an Income and Expenditure Form

Account Query

Email Query regarding a selected account

Debt Advice

Consumer / Commercial

Payment Methods

Alternative methods of paying your account


If you have received correspondence from us on behalf of our clients, you can click on the link above to reply if you wish. You can also contact us using the undernoted details.

If you wish to make a payment to your account, you can click on the link above or contact us using the undernoted details.

If you wish to make an instalment offer to our client, you may do so using the link above. If you are a consumer, then our clients may have a duty to ensure that any offer is affordable to you. If this is the case, you may be prompted to fill out a financial statement. Please rest assured that this is to ensure that any offer is affordable to you. Should you require financial advice, we have listed below some agencies who may be able to assist you.


E-mail us at

Nolans Solicitors
Donaldson House
39 Donaldson St
G66 1XE

Tel:- 0141 777 6366
Fax:- 0141 777 8639


Received a Court Claim Form/Initial Writ

If you have received a claim form or initial writ from Nolans Solicitors, we would always recommend that you seek independent legal advice. Nolans Solicitors are unable to provide you with legal advice as we will act for the other side in this matter and to provide advice would be a conflict of interest.

With each claim form and summons there should be statutory forms outlining the procedures. These can be of guidance should you wish to make a time to pay offer, admit the action or defend the action.

If you are seeking legal advice Nolans Solicitors would recommend that you seek appropriate advice from a solicitors qualified in Scots Law. The Law Society of Scotland should be able to provide you with a list of solicitors in your area. Nolans Solicitors have experience of parties taking advice from online forums. This is not recommended and can often result in increased costs and anxiety. A solicitors qualified in Scots Law should be able to be of assistance to you.

Certain courts offer free in-court advice services. These in-court advice services tend to be very knowledgeable and able to assist you with your specific queries. Some of these in-court advice services are listed below:-

Hamilton Sheriff Court - In-Court Advice Bureau
Almada Tower, 67 Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0HQ
Telephone: 01698 476853
In-Court Lay Representation Service | Hamilton Citizens Advice Bureau (

Edinburgh Sheriff Court - In-Court Advice Service
Level 6, next to Court 15, 27 Chamber Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1LB
Telephone: 0131 302 5114
Edinburgh Sheriff Court — Citizens Advice Edinburgh

Tayside In-Court Advice Project
6 West Bell Street, Dundee, DD1 9AD
Telephone: 01382 202371
Tayside In-Court Advice Project | Dundee Citizens Advice Bureau (
(This organisation can provide advice and assistance in Simple Procedure Actions in any Tayside court i.e. Dundee Sheriff Court, Forfar Sheriff Court, Perth Sheriff Court


Consumer Debt Advice

If you have received correspondence from us, we would recommend that you seek advice. You may wish to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureaux. You can also contact Nolans Solicitors to discuss the matter. However we cannot provide your with legal advice.

We are aware that many people can, form many reasons and often through no fault of their own, find themselves in financial difficulty. Below are the details of some organisations who may be able to assist you.

Money Advice Trust

The Money Advice Trust provides free, impartial advice to people struggling with debt.

National Debtline

National Debtline is a helpline that provides advice about all types of debt and all relevant options for dealing with debt. Callers will speak to trained adviser, who will explain the service and ask them some basic questions to find out about their situation. The National Debtline website features step-by-step guides, a budgeting tool as well as a full library of plain English fact sheets.

Your Budget

Freephone: 0808 808 4000
Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm & Saturdays 9.30am - 1pm

Business Debtline

Business Debtline is a helpline for self- employed people, partnerships or small limited companies. The Business Debtline’s website provides free factsheets and the self-help pack, ‘Dealing with your business debts’ for download. It also offers some interactive features including a business budget sheet and cashflow forecast.

Freephone: 0800 197 6026
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm.

My Money Steps

My Money Steps is an online budgeting and debt advice service run by National Debtline. For more information, visit or email For information on how you can work with their advice services go to or contact them on 020 7653 9722


AdviceUK is the largest network of independent advice agencies in the UK. It has over 830 member centres, including 400 that offer debt advice to members of the public. Some AdviceUK members focus on Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic, and Refugee communities, people with disabilities, and young and older people. For information on your local AdviceUK member please call 0207 469 5700.

or visit

Local Authorities

Local Authorities may offer in-house money advice services.

Money Advice Scotland

Money Advice Scotland has details on its website of advice agencies throughout Scotland, who provide a free, independent, impartial and confidential money advice service.



Payplan provides a free debt management service to people with debt problems.

Call 0800 280 2816 or visit

Stepchange Debt Charity

Stepchange Debt Charity is a charity to help people who are over-indebted by providing free, independent, impartial and realistic support

Call 0800 138 1111 or visit

Commercial Debt Advice

If your debt relates to a commercial contract you may not benefit from the protections available to consumers. In commerce it is imperative that contractual payments are made on time. For this reason our commercial clients may not have leeway.

In general terms commercial debts require to be paid in full as soon as possible together with costs. However if you wish to discuss any offer please do not hesitate to contact our offices and we will take our clients’ instructions thereon.

If you are in any doubt as to the correspondence you have received from Nolans Solicitors we would recommend that you seek independent legal advice.

Should you wish to make a payment please note the link to payment methods above.

You may wish to contact:-

Business Debtline

Telephone: 0800 197 6026

Complaints Procedure

Nolans is a legal firm authorised and regulated by the Law Society of Scotland. As such Nolans has an appointed Client Relations Partner who is responsible for addressing all complaints made either concerning the service offered by the firm or any of its partners or about the conduct of the firm or any of its partners.

The handling of complaints about service and conduct of solicitors in Scotland is now under the auspices of the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (SLCC).

You should write in the first instance to:-

Client Relations Partner
Nolans Solicitors
Donaldson House
39 Donaldson Street
G66 1XE



What you need to know

You must first of all give your legal practitioner the chance to resolve your complaint. If you have not done so, we will ask you to make the complaint to them and it will be recorded by us as premature. We will also write to the practitioner to tell them we have done this. A practitioner is someone who is a solicitor, advocate, commercial attorney, conveyancing or executry practitioner.

If your practitioner is unable to resolve the complaint, you should send it to the SLCC. We deal with three types of complaint; service complaints, conduct complaints and handling complaints

What kind of complaint do you have?

There are different types of complaints about legal practitioners and you can read a brief description of what they are below. This will help you to select the complaint form which is appropriate to your complaint.

If you would like advice about making a complaint from a member of the SLCC’s Gateway Team, you can call them on 0131 528 5111, send a fax on 0131 528 5110 or by email at

If you require assistance to complete a complaint form, please tell a member of our Gateway Team and they will be able to help you.

Service Complaint
Conduct Complaint
You can complain about service, conduct or both
Handling Complaint
Important Time Limits

Service Complaint

This is about the quality of work a practitioner has carried out, or which you think should have been carried out, during the course of a transaction.

Conduct Complaint

This is about a practitioner's behaviour, their fitness to carry out work and how they have behaved either in carrying out a transaction or outside of business. We pass complaints about conduct to the relevant professional body and these are the Law Society of Scotland (LSS), Faculty of Advocates (F o A) or Association of Commercial Attorneys (ACA). Complaints about the conduct of conveyancing and executry practitioners are passed to the Law Society of Scotland as they are responsible for their regulation under the Public Appointments and Public Bodies (Scotland) Act 2003.

You can complain about service, conduct or both

If you are unsure of the type of your complaint, you can fill in the complaint form and we will assess what type of complaint you have. If you would like to speak to someone about your complaint, you can telephone a member of the SLCC’s Gateway Team on 0131 528 5111 or you can email them at

Handling Complaint

This is about the way a professional body has dealt with the investigation of a complaint about a practitioner's conduct. If you are not happy with how the investigation into your complaint has been carried out, and the conduct occurred on or after 1 October 2008, you can make a handling complaint to us and you can read more about this here.

Important Time Limits

Service or conduct complaints

You must contact the SLCC within 12 months of the service ending, or within 12 months of the date when you could reasonably have been made aware of the matter. If you make your complaint after the 12 month deadline has passed, it is unlikely that we will be able to consider your complaint unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Handling complaints

You must contact the SLCC about this type of complaint within 6 months of the date on which the professional body wrote to you with their decision. If you contact us after this date, we cannot consider your complaint.

Unacceptable actions

There are rare occasions when complainers pursue their complaints in a way that can impede their investigation or have significant impact on the SLCC. The Unacceptable Actions Policy (PDF 47.3KB) sets out our approach to the relatively few occasions when we consider an individual's actions or behaviour to be unacceptable.

For more information you can call the SLCC on 0131 528 5111, send a fax to 0131 528 5110 or email us at